6.16.2008

Best School Project Ever! (06/16/08)A

SN Chalmers's school was having a big spinning demo. She invited me to drop by and participate. Sweet.
All the kids are in the cafe with thier ghetto cd/dowel/hook spindles waiting on thier fiber. I go down the hall to look for the fiber. As I'm walking down the hall, some gym teacher who I guess transfered to this school recognizes me and runs up to say hi. She wants to have me come back for some sort of thing. I forget. She does give me 1 silk hankie to spin. It is dark teal. Nice. I run back to the cafe since apparently fiber distribution is already taking place. I pass by what looks like a buffet line with piles of silk hankies in all sorts of colors laid out and kids all around it taking them. Cool.
I get to where I was sitting in the cafe and SN Chalmers choose a hankie for me since I wasn't there when the people handing them out when by. This one is the same dark teal color. I ask around to see if there are any extra hankies around. If there is one thing I have it's fiber greed. No, Im' told that the massive piles on the buffet table are gone, everyone got one. Oh well.

No comments: