6.10.2008

Job Search (6/08/08)

I am shopping at the supermarket when I hear my name being called over the loud speaker. Not just a coincidental same-first-name thing, but my full name. The speaker wants me to go to the guest services counter. I go there. They had my resume and were paging me, if I was still in the building (and I was), for an interview.

Ok.

I was handed this long ass several page application, which read more like one of those shitty survey deals that circulate on Myspace than an actual application. I think there were even those crazy word math problems on it too. It was confussing to me and I could barely read it (the part of your brain that reads does not work when you are dreaming or something. Go look it up). It was a thursday and it was getting late. I had agreed to meet MauraK before SnB for some dissertation stuff and it was closing in on that time. It was not clear whether I was going to get this job or not so I decided to leave and go meet with MauraK and the knitters.

I get to the center of town where we are going to meet up and there is a movie being shown. I see MauraK and she's got a bowl of some sort of rice(?). I have a seat to watch the movie and sitting next to me is that interviewing manager from the supermarket. He seems hurt and dissapointed to see me here rather than at the supermarket filling out that application. I rolled my eyes at him and listed for him all the reasons that he, the application, and that supermarket Suck.

(I dedicate this dream to all the interviewers who have interviewed me and rejected me.)

No comments: