4.01.2009

My Grandparent's House (4/01/09)

I'm visiting my Tx Grandparents (yeah, both of them). It's some sort of family get together. I have this super huge list of things that I need to do in the next few days so I am trying to do them from there. My grandparent's house is weird. It looks like a strange amalgamation of Ladymedic's apartment's living room, NY Grandmother's house's top floor, and a giant furnished basement. It is awesome. In order to get my crap done for the next few days I needed to get to bed at a reasonable time. I go to one of the upstairs bedrooms to stake out a claim. My mother and sister are already in the beds in the small middle room. Twin beds, even. I can't share those with them.

I go down to the basement to take a look at what is around for beds. Holy crap the place is huge! Lots of bedrooms! They could rent them out if they wanted. I go choose one and try to make some phone calls. People are in that room already. Ok, so I choose another room. People are in there too, but there is an extra bed, so I can have that one. I go out to the middle of the basement to make my calls in peace. Suddenly a bunch of people start walking around in the basement. There are cousins and coworkers and SnBers. WTF? Some of them jump onto couches with thier laptops and Shush me so they can study. I start walking around the huge basement looking for a new quiet place to make my calls. At some point I find a bar, and not like a bar that is a pole, but like a bar where people drink, and there are a lot of people there. This bar does a brisk trade. I'm already in my pajamas, kinda tired, and really needing to get my shit done and make my calls. I need to do laundry too. There is no time for going to a bar.

No comments: