5.05.2008

Bake Sale!!! (5/5/08)

(I really miss bake sales)

I come out of my boring ass college class room and head towards my next class. Out of the corner of my eye I see cupcakes on a table. I reverse course ASAP. A Bake Sale!!!! Yay!!!

I choose a really good looking cupcake first. This guy I went to high school with recommends a particular cookie so I get a few of those. I see some red velvet mint squares and I get one of those because that is a weird combo. A few other things go into my paper bag before I decide that I really need to get to my next class (though if I don't get there before it starts I'll just go find some corner to chill in with my bag of goods [you know, and cut class completely. Fuck school]). Plus, I've totally forgotten what classroom this next class is in, I just know it's position relative to the hallway, and if I don't approach it from that hallway I will be lost.

I end up getting lost anyhow. I took some random road around the campus and had to cross the entire thing to get to that building. As I am cutting through the grounds I come to a gathering of people celebrating something. One of the LLB managerlings is there and it's her adopted sister who is being honored for something. Weird. Ok. I get to my class, which is now spread out in an open air but carpetted hallway. The professor, who is also this managerling, is reading some short stories. Then she tells us to write one. It can be fiction or non-fiction. I have no idea what to write so I get out a cookie and think about it. I get crumbs all over myself (these damn boobs) so I shake them onto the floor. It's open to the outside, some animal will come in later and lick them up off the floor. Whatever.

Class ends and I get on a bus to Vegas. We get there and the bus parks, but the place we were going wasn't ready for us yet. Someone there sends along a platter of caramel-drizzled brownies for us. I took it upon myself to walk the platter down the bus to serve everyone. This way I can snag several as my payment for helping out. Most people on the bus take one, a few are taking two (like me), and still others are loading thier hands up. I run out before I get to the last half of the bus. Oopse sorry.

No comments: