4.02.2008

Disturbing Dream (March 21, 2008)

Ok, so maybe it won't be as disturbing once I get it written down.

Starts out early in the morning, still dark, as I walk to the bus stop to go to school. I get about half way there and remember that I'm a grown up, have a car, and would rather take the car to school. Plus then, since I'm a grown up and don't have to go to school, I can do stuff thats really, well Partially out of character for me, and call some guys and then hang out with whichever one calls me back. Sounded like a plan.

As these Adult High School dreams tend to go, I walk up to the school all angsty that I have to go, then realize that I'm all graduated and shit and don't have to do anything. I'm all like "I don't need to be here! I Graduated already, see! I'll go in through the out door if I want!" And I do, because I'm an adult. What are they gonna do? Suspend me? From what? My nipples? Whatever.

I'm walking down the halls getting ready to leave the school, since I am not currently attending it, and I hear my name spoken softly. I look around and see 2 gentlemen on the bench near the wall. One of the men is in a wheelchair and has a too-small quilt draped over what I can only imagine are his horribly damaged legs. He is the one who called to me, and he is smiling. I know these guys. I went to school with them. (Yeah, so for our purposes today I'm calling them not by thier IRL names) Dr M, the gent in the wheelchair, expressed his surprise and happiness that we crossed paths today, totally unexpected. He had some questions for me and they were all written messily on a yellow lined sheet of paper. Full name (I had to cross out the fully wrong name he had started to write for me), phone numbers, fav color, goals in life, other personal junk... Somewhere on the pad there was a scribbling that gave me the impression that he was really hoping to find me again. Romantically? IDK. To not shut any doors there, I left my email address on the sheet, big and obvious. We could maybe hang out later instead of be at school.

Dr M and his quieter companion Dr K had more buisiness for me but needed to discuss some stuff first, so I made my way down to the mall section of the High School (In my dreams High Schools are generally connected to Malls and Airports) to run an errand. I found some green beads that were low quality and over priced but they reminded me of the color quilt that Dr M had. Aww, I'm already obsessing over him.

I return to them like 20 mins later and Dr K has a buisiness proposition for me. Since I'm this big computer software mogul (?) or what not, would I mind terribly looking at these programs that they had with them. I was handed a cd keeper with all the disks in it. I began copying the programs to my computer, which I had obviously brought with me for just such a purpose, and all of them seemed kinda normal until I got to the weird disks. These disks had pictures and bar codes on both sides (i.e. not just on the top where the name of the stuff might be) and could only be uploaded by holding it up to the computer and letting the info transfer through the compter screen. Dr M didn't seem too happy about this part of the procedure. Actually, I was getting a Ringu kinda vibe from this weird upload method. I get through 2 of the double sided disks before Dr M leaps from his wheelchair, grabs the next 3 double sided disks, and runs like hell away from me. WTF? His legs work? I chase after his lying crippled ass.

Through one of the stairwell windows I can see him on the top of the stairs outside. Then he jumps. Shit! I go running outside to find him completely broken at the bottom of the stairs surrounded by blood. I run to him and there is really nothing that earthly medicine can do for him now but I tell a nearby priest to call for an ambulance. I kneel over him and I ask him why he did this. He replies that he could not let him (Dr K) do that to me, that I absolutely must not see the programs on those disks, and at least I'll be the last thing he sees. He dies. I back away in horror. The 3 disks he ran off with are nowhere to be found. As the ambulance crew approaches I instruct them to keep an eye out for 3 strange looking CDs and to hold them for me if they found them, but NOT to run them. They look at me like I have 3 asses. Whatever, I'm an adult.

I go back to the bench where Dr K was to tell him the sad news about his associate and also to destroy the disks and my computer. I make a big show of it too, walking up with the first 2 disks and breaking them in his face. His questionably evil plot was foiled. Next time he shouldn't use guys who are in love with me to try and hurt me. Dumb ass. I leave the shattered remains of my computer on the floor and I return to the mall to get a few things (maybe a new computer?). I'm going up and down the aisles looking for something and Dr K turns up. He's pissed of course. He asks me if I know what I have done. I really don't, I'm just going on some vague info given to me from a dying man. I tell him that my associate, and superior, Dr B, will be hearing of this and he's not going to be happy about it. Dr K narrows his eyes and says something along the lines of "Computer, save file Dr B...".I give him a dirty look and try to get away from him real fast. I have no idea what is supposed to happen when he says that but I can only imagine it had something to do with why Dr M killed himself to save me. He was probably victimized by it too. I run through the aisled filled with dread and then my fucking cell phone rings.

My actual phone, not a dream phone. So I will never know what the evil plot was. Thanks alot Supernintendo Chalmers!

No comments: